Sunday, October 5, 2014

local lovelies

After the stressful school week I had, any sort of weekend would have been considered a relief in comparison. I had four exams, (one including business law, yuck!) a group project, homework assignments, readings, work, organization commitments, and I lead a prayer group. Needless to say I wanted to pull my hair out. But HALLELUJAH I made it through!

This weekend has been full of the greatest of friends, food, and festivities. That, and a cool front decided to blow through in perfect timing, really making October feel more welcoming for fall. I had a lovely girl's date with my best friend/little on Friday. We got coffee, went shopping, had delicious pizza, and saw Gone Girl. (which definitely lived up to my expectations from the book) Time with her is nothing short of wonderful conversations and mass amounts of laughter.

On Saturday, I definitely felt like a tourist in my own town. I go to school in Denton, Texas. Which is honestly turning into one of my favorite small towns, I even catch myself calling it home :) (I mean, it kind of is for the time being) So I tagged along with my roommate to run a few errands, and our afternoon turned into a trip to the farmer's market, and the discovery of a new (favorite) local shop.


I just adore the farmer's market. There were food trucks, local handmade goodies, adorable puppies running around, and live music. What's not to love?

The Denton Dime Store is precious, and definitely one of my new favorite places. They showcase local artists' creations consisting of everything from teeshirts, to greetings cards, to handmade soaps. I'm in love with all the unique crafts, I even found the cutest Texas earrings (which of course I got)





Saturday evening, my roommates and I had some of our sweet friends over for pumpkin painting, snacks, and root beer floats. We had planned on watching Halloween movies, but of course with good food and company, there's nothing else you really need. And I'm sure everyone else felt the same way as well. Oh! And I made another pie (which is already half gone) you can find my recipe from my last post :) (I promise it will be a hit)

Without saying, I had a much needed weekend. I am so so thankful for my home, and my incredible friends. It's amazing what hidden treasures, and local lovelies exist all around us. What all did you discover this week/weekend? :)

Always,
-AMB













4 comments:

  1. A dime store-- how cool! Sounds like a lovely weekend, love your photos :)
    <3 Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had a *very busy week*! Glad that you were able to find rest. And, that Dime Store looks AMAZING. #allthehearteyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, seem you had an awesome weekend! I would love to see those earrings you purchased too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am obsessed with local finds. Sounds like a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

family > everything

I haven't made a post in ages, (and hopefully I'll get back to blogging soon) but I've been thinking about this a lot lately, an...