Wednesday, October 15, 2014

what's in my purse

I'm the type of person who just adores purses and handbags. To me, they're simply beautiful, and can really make an outfit. A manager of mine once told me that a girl only needs three things in her life to appear of having it all together. A manicure, a nice pair of shoes, and a nice bag. And though not any of these things are essential to our basic needs, I will admit (and I'm sure we can all agree) that on days when my wardrobe include these three, I feel an utmost high of confidence.

With that being said, I treated myself to a new bag this weekend. It's something I've been eyeing for a while now, and would you believe I got it for a steal?!?

So today I'm sharing with you what's in my purse, and the things I find to be (at times) lifesaving.

[Okay, so I kinda couldn't help myself...and ended up with a wallet too! But when the Kate Spade store is having 50% off, plus a special of 20% off, and you're a student so you get an extra 15% off, it's really hard to just say no!]

These are the things I always have in my bag:

1. Snacks- honestly, I'm just always hungry, but when I'm on the go I like knowing that I always have an extra granola bar or some almonds stashed away. You never know when something may come up and you can't sit down quite yet for a meal.

2. Floss- literally every time I've ever not had floss in my bag, I've needed it. Especially if you have popcorn at the movies or something green out at dinner. Those kernels are just not very cozy stuck in your teeth, and that broccoli isn't very cute (yikes!!)

3. Mint/gum- you know someone's gonna ask you for it, and you never know when you may need a little freshening up!

4. Advil- we get headaches, our friends get headaches, and that's the last thing I want to be fighting when I'm not at home to battle it out. Advil/ibuprofen has always been my purse buddy.

5. Body spray/roller ball- we're girls, and for some reason we're expected to smell nice (lol)

6. Stain remover pen- if you're anything like me, I'm a mess and am constantly spilling something. 

7. Pen/journal- some people love to use their phones for everything, but if that's not for you, a small notepad will do! (I just love physically crossing things off of lists, do you??)

8. Headphones- with technology advancing so quickly (voice messages, videos on instagram, etc.) I always keep my headphones on me in order to avoid disturbing anyone else if I'm out in public. 

9. Mending/sewing kit- seriously, you just never know

10. Makeup- whether it's your lip color for the day, or some extra powder to matte it up. Don't pack you're entire stash if you don't need to. Think essentials.

These are just a few of the things I keep in my bag that definitely come in handy in situations. I always like to be comfortable whenever I have to go out and about for more than a couple of hours. A few other things I keep are: my phone charger, tissues, sunnies, and my camera.

What are some of your essentials? :)

-AMB


4 comments:

  1. Your purse looks super organized! Gum is a must for me, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your purse! It's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't live without my planner and color coded pens!!

    I also love Kate spade! I have too many of her bags!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That manager of yours is one smart lady! I completely agree with her! I also agree with you that those three things aren't essential, but... really they are. ;)
    Your purse is BEAUTIFUL and so organized! Love it! Now I want a new one. :-/ I need to stop reading everyone's blogs - I'm getting shopping fever.

    ReplyDelete

family > everything

I haven't made a post in ages, (and hopefully I'll get back to blogging soon) but I've been thinking about this a lot lately, an...